Author Topic: WARHAMMER 40k TOURNAMENT - 9/9/17 1500 Singles  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Miles The Mighty

• Da Painboy
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Miles Benjamin
    • Of Dice And Demons Podcast
WARHAMMER 40k TOURNAMENT - 9/9/17 1500 Singles
« on: July 17, 2017, 10:13:31 PM »
It'll be an 1500 tournament with 3 rounds. 
Starting time TBD. (waiting for confirmation from Pande)

All of the current source material will be legal (unless some bull*stuff* comes out between now and the tournament).  No Lords of War, no more than 3 detachments per army.

Missions will be pre-made using the deployment variants and mission objectives from the core book.  Might use the ITC combined arms missions or something very similar. Players will not need to place objectives.  Players who finish deploying first will go first in the mission.

UPDATE:  We will be using the NOVA invitational packet and rule modifications, which can be found here:
https://novaopen.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?guestaccesstoken=numqdmghJq7vVQ9x3uYbgsU5M4zsCkqniJGdDH5ftSE%3d&docid=0b790d7fdb5004a42ae1980f6f0e2db7e&action=view

Missions will be in the NOVA style (choose your own Primary and 3 secondary), the primary objectives and deployment types will be custom for this event.  The secondary and tertiary objectives will be from the NOVA packet.

Models must be fully assembled and WYSIWYG.  Proxies or conversions must be cleared with the T.O. (me)  I will err on the side of letting people play with their toys, but let's not have anything ridiculous like solo-cup drop pods.

Prizes will be given for:
  • Hobby Champion (sportsmanship + painting + victories)
  • Best General (sportsmanship + victories)
  • Best in Show (painting)
  • Smoking Boots (least victories)

We can add additional prizes if we get a large number of players.
$20 per player, $15 per Ardboy in good standing.

To RSVP email paintingbymiles@gmail.com
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:22:02 AM by Miles The Mighty »

Offline Andy

• ardBoy
  • Aun'Drew
Re: WARHAMMER 40k TOURNAMENT - 9/9/17 1500 Singles
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:31:07 PM »
Yessir, all of the match play rules will be in effect, as well as command points.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 10:45:20 PM by Miles The Mighty »
I'm a firewarrior born and raised, every shot I shoot kills ya on a graze. I'm init bloody two and far to easy to pin, but if my leader has a knife I just know that we'll win. I carry photon, electron or even neutron grenades, cause we take chemistry in our very first grade.

Offline Edward

• ardBoy
  • Edward Harman
    • Ordo Acerbus
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 10:27:11 PM »
Somewhat dumb question: at what point do we have to choose the <Regiment> <Chapter> <Order> or whichever faction? If I take an Inquisitor there's an advantage to choosing his <Ordo> once I know what my opponent is using because it determines who he gets rerolls against.

The Warhammer World tournament pack is going with requiring them to be written on your army list in advance, along with psychic powers, relics, warlord traits etc. https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/07/warhammer-40000-grand-tournament-events-pack-now-available/

Offline Miles The Mighty

• Da Painboy
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Miles Benjamin
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 11:07:04 PM »
I think you do need to have picked it ahead of time. Having said that, we will have 3 rounds, more than just the one mission, and lunch will not be provided.

This is the most boring GT event packet I've ever read.

Offline DrewRzez

• Grot
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 11:52:06 PM »
Interesting, I don't mind either method, but apparently NOVA and other GT's are saying choose <faction> and warlord for whole tournament, but relics/warlord traits/physic powers are per match. BTW is this tournament going to incorporate recent chapter approved rulings for matched play? I.E. objective secured/modified first turn rules?

Offline Miles The Mighty

• Da Painboy
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Miles Benjamin
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 03:09:59 AM »
I'm not sure tbh. I think we're going to adopt the nova format and use nova style missions. More details in the coming week.

Offline Miles The Mighty

• Da Painboy
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Miles Benjamin
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 05:41:37 AM »
Bump. Updated.

Offline Edward

• ardBoy
  • Edward Harman
    • Ordo Acerbus
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 03:28:38 AM »
Warning for Battlescribe users. There's a bug which makes unit costs not add up correctly when you're using a child detachment and you take units with weapons that are greater than 0 cost. (e.g. Dark Reapers is the one I've seen)

https://github.com/BattleScribe/Desktop-Alphas/issues/166

Please double check your Battlescribe points costs :( If you don't use child detachments I think you should be ok though.

Offline RobPro

• Skarboy
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 11:10:08 PM »
Is arrive at 9:30, start at 10 confirmed? I think I read it on the facebook event but this thread is still TBD. Putting the finishing touches on a few more robots, looking forward to throwing some stuff down on the board.

Offline RobPro

• Skarboy
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 11:04:02 PM »
Just wanted to say the event went smoothly and congrats to Miles and those who worked together to make it happen! Someone was able to jump in when there was an odd number of players do everybody had an opponent and rules questions about the missions were resolved pretty quickly. A perfect 5/7, would play again.