Author Topic: interest in "learn 40k 8th Edition" "campaign"?  (Read 832 times)

Offline Edward

• ardBoy
  • Edward Harman
    • Ordo Acerbus
interest in "learn 40k 8th Edition" "campaign"?
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:15:43 PM »
I've been jotting down some ideas for a "learn 8th Ed" campaign - or rather borrowing ideas from our previous club campaigns. The emphasis would be on fun games, trying different things and making progress on your army (Paint Ur Mans!)

I'd aim to run from soon after the new edition releases, for 4 or 5 weeks, or longer if people are keen.

Who would be interested? Are you going to be around in the summer? Have other people already been discussing something like this?

Offline silbmaerto

• Yoof
Re: interest in "learn 40k 8th Edition" "campaign"?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 02:57:29 AM »
I'd definitely be interested. I've been taking a short break since 7th is ending and I've had to deal with moving to a new apartment, but I should be settled in a bit before 8th comes out and was actually hoping to find opportunities to kinda ease into the new edition.

I also have a decent number of SM sprues I've gotten ahold of for various reasons so I might use the opportunity to make a small new army.

Offline Edward

• ardBoy
  • Edward Harman
    • Ordo Acerbus
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 04:34:45 PM »
Here are the draft rules for the campaign.

If you have questions or comments or think of something important that wasn't covered - please comment on the document, or reply here, or send me a message. I'll finalize the rules in a week or two after people have had a chance to comment.

Offline Edward

• ardBoy
  • Edward Harman
    • Ordo Acerbus
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 03:38:18 AM »
There were some concerns raised about people being able to join in with smaller armies so I've added some different size levels. I've made a few clarifications in other places too. There's still time to comment if you have any questions or concerns :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_obZ-Lj3wXl8kFDmOAhaeIipm1ljmGKlvTuzn-4W9Zo/edit?usp=sharing