Author Topic: Ard Boyz 40k Narrative Event - 1/21/2017  (Read 940 times)

Offline rpnightsend

• Warbiker
  • InnerCircle
  • Boy
  • Bobby Peterson
Ard Boyz 40k Narrative Event - 1/21/2017
« on: December 06, 2016, 03:48:48 PM »
Hey everyone!
I'm happy to announce our 40k January Narrative Event. This event will decide the fate of the Iolos System, as players attempt to take, hold, and sabotage strategic points to win control of the system.

Each player will create two army lists - a 1500 point Primary and 200 Point Kill Team army. Players will be randomly divided into two teams, and take part in both attacker and defender missions. More information on army composition and format can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Cq0bG34wNQCujROl_23NmzVRp1Z2knpn3OllRar6eh4/edit?usp=sharing

No prizes are awarded based on team performance, this is only used to track who is attacker and defender at each strategic point.

Missions can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9-3PXc8rFpAa2Q3TUFBS0l3QnM

We will also use the ITC FAQ for this, found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/16nmBS2KZglu9JaGttpX_9lOYhYO2PQM47N8HvrsAA60/edit

Note that the Games Workshop FAQ will NOT be used unless ITC has approved it at least two weeks before the event. All GW Errata published up to two weeks before the event will be in play.

Please be here no later than 10 AM for registration. Dice roll at 10:30
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 11:55:40 AM by rpnightsend »
I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Khornagaunt

• InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Allan Knowles
Re: Ard Boyz 40k Narrative Event - 1/21/2017
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 10:47:26 AM »
Crazy question; say I hadn't played more than 1 game of 40k in the last 5 years, but wanted to play with Dark Eldar and a contingent Daemons (since I guess allies are a thing now?)? Is that possible, and does anyone know of any good PDF links so I don't have to buy 2 Codexes? Also, can you use allies in Kill Team or no? Like a Dark Eldar strike force with a summoned Bloodcrusher?
I am not a bad person for playing Cryx and Legion; I am a bad person for the way I play Cryx and Legion.

Offline Khornagaunt

• InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Allan Knowles
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 10:48:42 AM »
Crazy question; say I hadn't played more than 1 game of 40k in the last 5 years, but wanted to play with Dark Eldar and a contingent Daemons (since I guess allies are a thing now?)? Is that possible, and does anyone know of any good PDF links so I don't have to buy 2 Codexes? Also, can you use allies in Kill Team or no? Like a Dark Eldar strike force with a summoned Bloodcrusher?

Sorry if any of these questions are answered in the links; I can't open them on my work PC.
I am not a bad person for playing Cryx and Legion; I am a bad person for the way I play Cryx and Legion.

Offline rpnightsend

• Warbiker
  • InnerCircle
  • Boy
  • Bobby Peterson
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 03:25:38 PM »

Sorry if any of these questions are answered in the links; I can't open them on my work PC.

Sent you an fbook message. I can help with both the questions and some list building stuff.

Offline Khornagaunt

• InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Allan Knowles
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 04:28:54 PM »

Sent you an fbook message. I can help with both the questions and some list building stuff.

Thanks Rob!

Offline Khornagaunt

• InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Allan Knowles
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 02:56:32 PM »
Possibly stupid question, but do you need an HQ for both forces if you're taking allies?

Offline rpnightsend

• Warbiker
  • InnerCircle
  • Boy
  • Bobby Peterson
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 07:05:43 PM »
Possibly stupid question, but do you need an HQ for both forces if you're taking allies?

You have to use whatever detachments and formations are available to your factions. So if you take a combined arms and allied detachment, you will need an HQ in each

Offline rpnightsend

• Warbiker
  • InnerCircle
  • Boy
  • Bobby Peterson
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 03:46:56 PM »
Hey everyone. A reminder that you need both a few copies of your army list, and copies of all necessary books and dataslates for your army. Print outs of rules are fine but they need to be the actual rules, not battlescribe or other 3rd party entries.