Author Topic: Kings of War Campaign - Challenge Thread (Updated Weekly)  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Miles The Mighty

• Da Painboy
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Miles Benjamin
    • Of Dice And Demons Podcast
Kings of War Campaign - Challenge Thread (Updated Weekly)
« on: November 07, 2016, 03:15:10 AM »
This week is the start of the Kings of War campaign!  Wes has the official list of matchups we got from doing the map phase today.  I'll update this post with what we've got and a picture of the map.

I think there's two matchups of Good vs Evil, two matchups of Good vs Neutral, and one matchup of Evil vs Neutral.

If you're of the fantasy persuasion let your dice be heard!  Most of the matchups were between 1000 and 1700 points.

Other than that, have at it.  Who's not gonna play Jared in 40k this week?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 07:38:04 PM by Miles The Mighty »

Offline Advachiel

• Grot
Re: Kings of War Campaign - Challenge Thread (Updated Weekly)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 05:14:33 AM »
**UPDATED 08Nov16**

For our first week we have the following pending games to play:

Neutral, Attacking, 1700 points -> Good, Defending, 1300 points, Garrisoned
Neutral Win. 1400 points left for Neutral, 300 points left for Good.

Neutral, Attacking, 1000 points -> Good, Defending,1000 points, Garrisoned
Good Win. 400 points left for Neutral, 600 points left for Good.

Neutral, Attacking, 1500 points -> Evil, Defending, 800 points
Neutral Win. 1500 points untouched for Neutral, Evil forces destroyed.

Good, Attacking, 1600 points -> Evil, Defending, 1600 points, Garrisoned
Evil Win. 1600 points fully restored, 1100 points left for Good.

Evil, Attacking, 1700 points-> Good, Defending, 1100 points, Garrisoned
Good Win. 600 points left for good, 800 points left for evil.

Of note of interest are that Garrisoned forces receive free terrain in their mission up to the points value of the attacking army!

Week 1 Summary:

After two years of bountiful harvests; the forces of Light, Darkness and those 'somewhere in between' began their expanse and conquest of Mantica.

Good rises first, with strength and vigor, beginning the game with a solid 5300 points.
Neutral raises their banners and bellowed, ushering in a respectable 5100 points of starting forces.
Evil finally rose from their rest last, creeping in with only 4800 points to begin.

The forces of Good bound forward towards the western bridge, guarding the gates of their sworn enemy and to establish garrison forces along the way.

At the same time, the Neutral forces of the south lead an aggressive two way push, driving at both the allies of men and the corrupted cohorts of the undead, causing clashes at now all of the regions bridges.

All forces built a single Frigate, giving everyone even footing with nautical technology, with the undead first to sea.

Mysteriously Neutral seems to be bringing in an expedition force into the northern continent of Dwarves, men and elves... what could they be looking for?...

It's still anyone's game, and who knows what events the future holds...

« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 03:57:50 AM by Advachiel »

Offline Advachiel

• Grot
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 06:46:15 PM »
Week 2 is here and we have some explosive battles!

Week 2 matchups/games left to play:

Neutral, attacking, 1900 points ( 800 and 1100) vs. Good, defending, garrisoned, 1800 points.
Neutral Win. Neutral has 1800 points remaining, Good has 1200 points remaining.

Evil, attacking, 900 points vs. Neutral, defending, 1100 points
Evil Win. Evil remains at 900 points, Neutral forces devoured alive.

Evil, attacking, 1300 points vs. Good, defending, 1600 points
Good win. Good at 1400, Evil at 700.

Evil, attacking, 1100 points vs. Good defending, garrisoned, 1300 points
Good win. Good at 1200, Evil at 300

Week 2 Summary:

Each team started their management phase, and ended with the following points (after some Deserters abandoned all of the smallest players garrisons!):

Good:2800 -> 4800
Neutral:4300 ->5700
Evil: 3600 -> 5100

Neutral's drums of war are pounding! The forces of the wild south continue their push northward, leading to another clash at the eastern bridge. Simultaneously, their scout force moves into goods capital! If neutral can hold it for two full game turns the game is theirs!

Evil leads a crusade of its own after claiming the broken body of The Captain, raising him as one of their dead servants. Seeing an opportunity at Good's hesitation to attack, the forces of Death spill over the northern bridge, slamming into the lines of good. Just when it seemed a fair matchup, Evil's naval forces reared their head and struck from the ocean flank! Things weren't looking too good for Good...

However, in desperation, the forces of Good struck a bargain with the chaotic and wild Neutral faction ...to push up their forces from the south and attack Evil and to assist in the counterattack against Evil's overwhelming numbers at the northern Bridge. The terms were met, and in the last moments, the forces of Neutral sprung their trap, joining the forces of Good in the push against the waves of approaching undead. Then, observing the slow movements of the undead, Neutral scouts infiltrated the great Bashee Mountain stronghold, foothold of the legions of the damned.

With their forces spread so thin, can Neutral truly conquer the known world?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:58:56 PM by Advachiel »

Offline Advachiel

• Grot
Week3: Kings of War Campaign - Challenge Thread (Updated Weekly)
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 04:57:12 AM »
Week 3, and the battles of the bridges ensues!

Week 2 matchups/games left to play:

Evil win
Evil, attacking, 3000 points vs. Neutral, defending, 1700 points
( points can be broken up between teams as is agreed upon. I.e. 1500 x 2 players vs. 1700)

Good Win
Good, attacking, 3800 points  vs. Neutral, defending, 1900 points.
( points can be broken up between teams as is agreed upon. I.e. 1900 x 2 players vs. 1900)

Neutral Win
Neutral, attacking, 1800 points ( 800 and 100) vs. Good, defending,  1400 points.
( points can be broken up between teams as is agreed upon. I.e. 800 + 1000 vs. 1400)

Week 3 Summary

"Push! PUSHH!" The forces of men and dwarfs plowed through rank after rank of undead from their equine and badger mounts, respectively. The last of the horde crumbled to dust, and the remaining necromancers made fast their retreat. For now, the battle of the northern bridge, was over.

Not too far away at that moment, the Ogres were enjoying redecorating their new, eerily quiet, mountain keep...now known as "Da Gut Rockz". Laughing and drinking their curdled Ox blood and Grog and counting the new found riches their bestial allies had shown them they prepared to turn in for the night... when the sound came. Like the sound of rain pouring down upon the mountain side, the sound of hundreds of sharp carapace legs clacking on stone, came from deep inside the mountain. Then, like a screaming chorus, the voices of the Banshees rose to meet them in tune. In the cover of night, further forces of the undead slip into the briny sea...

At the eastern bridge the slaughter continues. The wild invaders smash time and time again against the Blood stained heroes and countless rank and file, trying to rejoin their forces cut off in the capital of Good. The forces of The Herd and Ogres seem to be preparing for the long haul, and give no indication of giving up any time soon.

In the capital city, fires begin to spread. The Dwarven forces of good watch the light in the darkness from their view in New Somerville. Seeing what is becoming of the capital city, their own internal fires burned hot, but counter attack was not prepared. Cavalry breathing heavily, infantry waiting in the cold, they new their numbers could not match those of the Armies of the South. Then, in the blue moonlight, a messenger arrived: " I bring word of victory at the northern bridge, we have brought men and supplies. We must take back the Capital, for Mantica!!!"
The forces of Good lead a thunderous charge into the burning city, set on killing all beasts within.

" So, I guess we can keep all the mead we promised those grass-eaters? Aye brother...screw em'"
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:10:35 PM by Advachiel »

Offline rpnightsend

• Warbiker
  • InnerCircle
  • Boy
  • Bobby Peterson
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 05:21:09 PM »
I'd like to grab the 800 pts in that doubles game. I asked Doug if he'll by my partner.

Who wants to take us on?
I really have no idea what I'm doing.

Offline Advachiel

• Grot
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 05:37:19 PM »
Bobby, there was an accidental copy paste there, double check the points value ( there is no 800 points for good) and most games are going to be large this week/ involve a few players with substantial points.

Offline rpnightsend

• Warbiker
  • InnerCircle
  • Boy
  • Bobby Peterson
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 06:07:47 PM »
Bobby, there was an accidental copy paste there, double check the points value ( there is no 800 points for good) and most games are going to be large this week/ involve a few players with substantial points.

whoops. In that case I'm taking the 1400 point game.

Offline Miles The Mighty

• Da Painboy
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Miles Benjamin
    • Of Dice And Demons Podcast
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 06:49:26 PM »
Talked with team good. Hoping to have Bobby and Doug retake the capital (with a few extra models from me). I challenge Edward to attack me on the bridge 1800 vs 1400!

Offline Edward

• ardBoy
  • Edward Harman
    • Ordo Acerbus
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 08:12:43 PM »
I challenge Edward to attack me on the bridge 1800 vs 1400!

I have summoned my mightiest heroes to lead the attack on the bridge!

Offline Advachiel

• Grot
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 10:05:24 PM »
Games this week:

Neutral Win. Evil destroyed
Neutral, Attacking, 1400 points -> Evil, defending, 1100 points

Summary:

"Charge!", the forces of Neutral were crushed under the sheer weight of their enemies. The combined might of the brutal equine charges and overwhelming firepower, the forces of the wild were slain to the last.

In the Banshee mountains, a similar fate unfolded as hordes of Vargur and Empire of Dust surrounded and met with Ogre face to face.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:55:37 AM by Advachiel »

Offline Advachiel

• Grot
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2016, 04:00:01 AM »
Week 5:

Games this week:

Good Win
Good, attacking, 2000 -> Evil, defending, garrisoned, 1600

Good, attacking, 2400 -> Evil, defending, 2000

Neutral, attacking, 2800 -> Good, defending, 1400

Summary:

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:32:23 PM by Advachiel »

Offline rpnightsend

• Warbiker
  • InnerCircle
  • Boy
  • Bobby Peterson
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2016, 06:54:49 PM »
I can grab that defending match for good, who's up for a game?