Author Topic: AlphaOmegaHobby!!!  (Read 710 times)

Offline Perturabo

• Warboss
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Shawn M Burke
AlphaOmegaHobby!!!
« on: October 12, 2016, 10:35:51 PM »
Hey Ardboyz, Check this out. Oz did an interview about a Kickstarter he's doing. Take a listen and support one of ours!!!
The guys at the Nerherders podcast were kind enough to have him on for an interview about our new hobby community center kickstarter. Please give this a listen and help us spread the word. THANKS!
 (the interview is at about the 45 minute mark)

http://www.alphaomegahobby.com/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:03:13 PM by Perturabo »
When you walk up to opportunities door, don't knock it.....
Kick that B**tch in ,smile and introduce yourself.

Offline Edward

• ardBoy
  • Edward Harman
    • Ordo Acerbus
Re: AlphaOmegaHobby!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 10:29:33 AM »
I pledged for the campaign, but the goal seems pretty unrealistic given that the pool of people likely to contribute is restricted to this area.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1053315224/alpha-omega-hobby

Offline foehammer

• Kartografar
  • Non-Members
  • ardBoy
  • Josh Danker
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 11:21:11 AM »
My impression as well. Even if each backer ponied-up $100, you'd need 2500 people to fund it, and I don't think the gamer pool in the area, or their wallets, are that deep.

Still backed it.

Offline DacoTrilar

• Yoof
  • Cordell Zebrose
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 11:08:18 AM »
Seems entirely unrealistic, even if the kickstarter got funded.

Offline Andy

• ardBoy
  • Aun'Drew
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 02:03:31 PM »
I Think, obviously all of us would like this to happen, but lack of detailed location plans probably makes most people shrug and move on. One open hall, to echo everyone's voices isn't anything new. I'm sure we all also expect it to become another magic card domain. If there was a more solid and detailed plan of action I might toss in some coin.
Would be nice to see...
3-4 possible locations, days of the week for various games, hours? Painting area planned? Retail plans? Have they reached out to clubs in the area? Talked to battleground for support or inclusion?
I'm a firewarrior born and raised, every shot I shoot kills ya on a graze. I'm init bloody two and far to easy to pin, but if my leader has a knife I just know that we'll win. I carry photon, electron or even neutron grenades, cause we take chemistry in our very first grade.

Offline awfulawful

• ardBoy
  • Craig
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 11:23:22 AM »
Andy pretty much nailed it. It would be great to get behind this and see it happen, but right now.it is just an idea, not a business plan. This is nowhere near ready to ask for backers or investors.
In fide et in bello fortes.