Author Topic: Schedule of events for Pandemonium-related activities  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Sandtiger1982

• Skarboy
Schedule of events for Pandemonium-related activities
« on: March 23, 2015, 07:32:08 AM »
I'm not sure what this entails but something like (using the upcoming month as an example):

4/3 - Painting night (everyone brings paints and models and works on stuff or helps people who need it)
4/10 - Campaign night (Red Waagh! (or whatever) is played with whoever wants to join, or custom campaign, or work can be done on fleshing out an idea someone has for a campaign)
4/17 - 1v1 battle night (similar to the Challenges, people can put out stuff for who wants to come and/or challenge specific people with agreed-upon army sizes)
4/24 - Doubles night (same as 1v1s but in 2v2s with agreed-upon army sizes)

I dunno how much people would want to do something like this but it seems like a fun way to flesh things out so that we have a regular thing going instead of what I've seen so far which seems lately like it's pretty helter-skelter. It doesn't have to be set up the way I did it either, you can rearrange things the way you want it, but I feel like a regularly scheduled thing would be good for everyone so that they can plan out in advance what they want to do with their time and how to maximize time spent at Panda.

--Tiger

Offline awfulawful

• ardBoy
  • Craig
Re: Schedule of events for Pandemonium-related activities
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:03:44 PM »
I think that there is enough variety in games being played by the club that there is not much need to try and schedule activities or themes so specifically. On any given Thursday, all of the activities you mentioned happen. We use the weekly challenge threads to set up singles and doubles games. Campaigns happen when a member takes the initiative to run one, and there are people painting every week.
Remember that not everybody wants to paint at the club (in fact, not everybody paints), some games are not conducive to singles, or doubles, and not everyone is into campaigns. Trying to implement these specific ideas could leave some people out. The flexible "helter skelter" approach accommodates everyone, and leaves room for members to step up and arrange the games they want to play or organize campaigns or whatever.
In fide et in bello fortes.

Offline treegs

• ardBoy
  • Tim Regan
Re: Schedule of events for Pandemonium-related activities
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:18:14 PM »
Don't forget Hawaiin Shirt night, crazy hat night, and pot luck night. But remember, don't bring any snacks with nuts.
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready to visit violence upon those that would do us harm." George Orwell