Author Topic: PM recipient search function  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Cairnius

• Non-Members
  • ardBoy
  • Dennis Scimeca
PM recipient search function
« on: November 23, 2009, 11:28:00 PM »
Either I'm missing this functionality, or we don't have it - but let's say I want to send a PM out to 5 people.  When I am in the PM window, there's a button to allow me to search for members, but it only seems to give me any results if I type in precisely the name of the person I am "searching" for.  It doesn't seem to give me results if I type in just a few letters.

It would be awesome if we could pull up a list of everyone on the site in a pop-up or something and just check the boxes of the people we want to receive the PM.  Not sure if this software supports that or not, though...

"Success is moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."  - Cliff Bleszinski

Offline Sapphon

• Freebootaz
  • ardBoy
  • Connor S.
Re: PM recipient search function
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 10:55:15 PM »
When you use the search functionality, you can use partial names or whatever you can remember.  You just have to use ? for a character you don't know, or * for any number of characters you don't know.

Also, the "to" box is auto-completing - I can type "cai", wait a moment, and it'll finish "Cairnius"; if I type "ange" it will finish "Angelus Mortifer".

EDIT: If you really want you can just type "*" in the search box and get a list of every user's name, but it's not very well sorted.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 10:57:39 PM by Sapphon »
"...And to dispel any doubts you might be entertaining about my honor now that you know I'm a woman and have seen me young, alone, and in these clothes - circumstances that coming together or even taken separately would be enough to demolish any reputation - I feel..."

Dorotea, Don Quixote