Author Topic: T-Shirt pic! LOOK!  (Read 6040 times)

Offline Cairnius

• Non-Members
  • ardBoy
  • Dennis Scimeca
Re: T-Shirt pic! LOOK!
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 08:57:13 AM »
Oh, Colin.  Democracy is good...to a point.  :P

Considering the words weren't even in the first draft of the shirt graphic I'm not sure what citing the vote means...besides, I think the club understands that we vote on basic concept, not final product.  Tyler's sketch for last year's shirt was decidedly-different than the final product but no one complained because the essence of the image was there.   

Therefore it seems reasonable that the words are mutable if Josh is holding discussion open, hence my suggestion.  In this case, Candy wouldn't have to change whole sections of the graphic to accommodate a word substitution (assuming you had each separate word of the phrase in a layer to itself, Candy).

I just thought that "Red ones" sounded more classically Orky and was funnier to a wider audience for when we wear these shirts to tourneys and things...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:03:52 AM by Cairnius »

"Success is moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."  - Cliff Bleszinski

Offline foehammer

• Kartografar
  • Non-Members
  • ardBoy
  • Josh Danker
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 09:29:44 AM »
Oh, Colin.  Democracy is good...to a point. 

I just thought that "Red ones" sounded more classically Orky and was funnier to a wider audience for when we wear these shirts to tourneys and things...
To this point, the club voted on the previous design, which included the text of "Red Linez" vs. "Red Ones". You offered a suggestion, which appears to not be seconded or supported by others. So the without overwelming opposition, the current design stands.

While "red ones" (or Red'uns as it is spoken in formal Ork) is the commonly known phrase, "Red Linez" is the adaptation which links us with our clubs location, a Boston club situated for our past two locations off of the red line train. As we rarely travel to other tournaments, and those we do travel to are still usually  local to boston, I think the interpretation of the text will be evident to most readers.

Considering the words weren't even in the first draft of the shirt graphic I'm not sure what citing the vote means...
In the original vote, my concept, the Ork Mek driving the train, including the text "Red Linez Go Fasta" actually won the popular vote by a small margin. Tyler's concept of the ork riding the rocket came in a close second. Due to the close vote, and some artistic inspiration, I decided to draft up a more formal image combining the two, have an ork mek, riding a rocket, strapped to a red line train. So technically, all elements of the original top-two t-shirt concepts are included.

In the end, we could go back and forth on various suggestions for ever. The T-shirt design has been out there relatively formalized for the better part of a year, so its pretty much sticking as is. If we do T-shirts on a yearly basis, we will be up for a new design very shortly, so can incorporate new/additional  ideas there.

Essentially, we've been fuddling with the playbook for almost a year, and its time to actually pick up the ball and carry it across the finish line. Towards that goal, we are assembling the final image and sending it to the printers.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:34:32 AM by foehammer »

Offline Cairnius

• Non-Members
  • ardBoy
  • Dennis Scimeca
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 09:38:34 AM »
Okay...if this is no longer actually a discussion perhaps time to lock down the thread and just post up the final product in the Announcements forum when the final product is ready?

"Success is moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."  - Cliff Bleszinski

Offline foehammer

• Kartografar
  • Non-Members
  • ardBoy
  • Josh Danker
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 10:29:08 AM »
Hopefully Candy will be sending the finalized images shortly, at which point I will post them here and lock up the thread.

I don't intend to seem harsh, but this T-shirt issue has been open for a long...LONG time. I thought the image was up for comments as well, but according to Candy's comments she only has a limited amount of time she is able to allocate to it. Given she's doing this mostly as a favor, I want to respect that, and am looking for overwelming club opposition to anything in the image. If everyone really wants something changed, we'll make the change, but otherwise we'll get all wrapped up in dozens of individual comments. We're actually fortunate that Candy is doing this imagery, because if it was Hero Graphics we wouldn't even have gotten the chance for this level of review.

Colin/Tyler, once the final .jpgs are up you can send them out to the vendors you've been interfacing with for quotes.