Author Topic: Way to ignore threads/board sections  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Cairnius

• Non-Members
  • ardBoy
  • Dennis Scimeca
Way to ignore threads/board sections
« on: October 16, 2008, 03:47:20 PM »
It would be great if we could "a la carte" our boards, i.e. choose which forums/threads we want to appear when we log in and which we do not want to see.

"Success is moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."  - Cliff Bleszinski

Offline Caramel KHORNE!

• Runtherd
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Dr. John Anonymous, M.D., M.P.H.
Re: Way to ignore threads/board sections
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:19:49 PM »
There's really not that many. 
All space marines are brainwashed idiot savant children fired like missiles into untenable situations by the limp fingers of their corpse-god, except the ones who mutated a prefrontal cortex somewhere along the way and quit to join the real humanists.

Offline Cairnius

• Non-Members
  • ardBoy
  • Dennis Scimeca
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:04:39 PM »
I'm not sure what that means, Fred...there are plenty of threads throughout the boards.   I'm talking about the ability to ignore individual threads as well as board topics. 

For instance, the Ultimate Army Challenge thread - no need for me to see that, so I'd remove it from my list.   Anything about Warmachine or Fantasy - no need to see that, either.

For me, it's mostly about seeing that there are new posts when I log in, and then determining that there really aren't because they're all in threads I don't care about.   We can't make the site only display when there are new posts the reader would care about, but if we could just get rid of personally irrelevant threads that would help.

This is the suggestions board, so let's not debate this, though, okay?   If it's something we can do, I'd like to make it happen.  If we can't, we can't.

"Success is moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."  - Cliff Bleszinski

Offline Caramel KHORNE!

• Runtherd
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 05:34:57 PM »
I'm not poo poo-ing the suggestion, I just didn't understand what you meant.  It seemed like what you were talking about is already handled by the "Show unread posts" and "Show new replies to your posts" links above.
All space marines are brainwashed idiot savant children fired like missiles into untenable situations by the limp fingers of their corpse-god, except the ones who mutated a prefrontal cortex somewhere along the way and quit to join the real humanists.

Offline Cairnius

• Non-Members
  • ardBoy
  • Dennis Scimeca
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:04:40 PM »
Ah, I get it.   Yeah, I'm talking about something different. :)

Sorry if I reacted before I needed to, but I know you on here, Fred. :P

Offline Caramel KHORNE!

• Runtherd
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 11:24:46 PM »
I forgive you, my darling.

Offline helstrum2001

• Boy
  • Bill Rowley
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 06:18:27 PM »
bromance ftw!
"Where is your faith on this dark day? Chaos rides against you - will you let these beasts destroy your hearths and homes, or will you trust in Sigmar and fight? Forward men, and drive back this Chaos rabble! For the Empire! For Sigmar!"

Offline NallTWD

• Meganob
  • Freebootaz
  • ardBoy
  • Tyler Barg
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »
Dude, wtf.  The last post was made in OCTOBER.
Death from a creature that has HOOVES FOR HANDS.

Offline Caramel KHORNE!

• Runtherd
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 08:28:29 PM »

Offline VortexCortex

• Mad Dok
  • InnerCircle
  • ardBoy
  • Kevin Doherty
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 02:45:35 AM »
Srsly when I first saw this thread back up I thought someone was complaining about me blithering on about DH and Vampire.

Offline NecronAdvance

• ardBoy
  • Paulbert Pennybottom
    • EvilDice40k
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2009, 06:04:41 AM »
bromance ftw!

Lurk more... oops, wrong forum.
Q - You hit me! Picard never hit me.
The Sisko - I'm not Picard.

-The Sisko gives NO F*cks